What are the France visa requirements for Oman citizens
Before you look at all the steps to apply for your France visa from Oman, you should know where you can go with it and how long you can stay there, in addition to the requirements for applying. A France Schengen visa, as its name implies, grants you access to both France and the Schengen area. This means that you can use it to enter France but also the 26 other countries in the Schengen zone. In this sense, a France visa from Oman is your ticket to places like Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Germany—in addition to France. Once you enter the Schengen area, you have 90 days there until you need to leave.
A France visa is for Oman citizens and residents who meet the France visa requirements for Oman citizens and residents. All applicants need to do things like make a visa appointment, pay visa fees, and hand in the documents and materials listed in step number five. Once an applicant has met all the requirements, they will receive a Schengen visa for the Oman citizens.
1) Consider the processing time for the French Schengen visa and when to apply
- Apply for a France visa from Oman by considering the processing time for Schengen visas (15-60 days) and planning your application submission date according. Of course, you will need to have your France visa from Oman in hand when you board your flight to France (otherwise you won’t be allowed in the country). Therefore, don’t apply for your visa if you only have two weeks until your trip, as you won’t likely receive it in time. Applicants are also cautioned against submitting visa requests more than six months before a trip.
2) Find out where to apply for a Schengen visa from Oman
- When you apply for the France visa from Oman, you should do so from the French Embassy in Muscat and its affiliated application destination. Get help in finding where specifically to apply by contacting us here.
- Another element of where to apply for a France visa from Oman concerns the online destination for visa applications. The France visa portal is the online equivalent of your application destination—it’s where you will submit forms and meet requirements like making a visa appointment and paying your France visas and types fees.
- The France visa portal is accessible here.
3) Browse France visas and types for Oman passport holders
- The France visa from Oman has many types, so which is best for you? When you look at the 10+ different options presented in this link, see which most appeals to your journey’s purpose. For example, if you’re going to Paris on holiday (and not for any other significant reason) your ideal visa type is the “Tourist” France visa from Oman.
4) Consider your entry category for how to apply for a France visa from Oman
- What entry category is right for you? Look at the three options: single, double, and multiple, and consider your entry and exit needs for the Schengen area. When it comes to your trip, are you going to want to spend the whole 90-day validity period in Europe? And if so, will you want to occasionally leave the Schengen area to return home or simply go to other countries not in the zone?
- A multiple entry France visa for Oman citizens and residents grants you the option of doing just that—staying 90 days in the zone, but allowing for the possibility of leaving, should the need arise.
- Unlike the multiple, the double entry Schengen visa for Omanis does not give you unlimited entries and exits to the Schengen area. It does, however, allow you to return to it one time (should you exit the zone).
- Finally, the single-entry Schengen does not allow you any re-entries to the zone; once you leave it—say, you have an emergency in Oman and need to return home—you can’t come back to France or any of the other Schengen states—even if you have time left on your France visa from Oman.
5) Get your required documents for your France visa from Oman
- The required documents list for the France visa from Oman also includes materials and fees, which also fall under the France visa requirements for Oman citizens and residents. They are gathered here, below:
- Main application form for the Schengen visa for the Oman citizens (print out of previously-submitted online version as well as receipt indicating submission).
- France visa fees (80 EUR per applicant).
- Photos of applicant (2 photos, passport sized).
- Omani passport (non-Omani citizens should submit whichever passport they hold).
- Proof of medical travel coverage (necessary for applicants of all ages).
- Return ticket to Oman/out of the Schengen area or other legitimate proof of return.
- Hotel, AirB&B booking, or other address in France which qualifies as proof of accommodation.
- Supplemental materials pertaining to your selected France visas and types (Airport Transport Schengen visa seekers should submit evidence of their ongoing flight out of France, for example).
- Be prepared: you may be asked to submit translations into French or English of any documents you have from the above list (if they are in Arabic).
6) Get a visa appointment for your France visa from Oman
- The visa interview for the Schengen visa for Omanis is schedulable via the French application portal.
7) At your visa appointment: meet requirements, learn how much does a France visa cost
- Biometric information submission for the France visa from Oman.
- Interview of the France visa from Oman.
- Submission of the complete application for the France visa from Oman.
- Payment of France visa fees for the France visa from Oman.
- While you may complete this step during the online portion of your application, you might instead do so at your appointment. The cost of a France visa for most Omani applicants is 80 EUR. Consider that you may be asked to pay in Omani Rials or USD (in cash).
8) Processing time for the France Schengen visa
- As outlined in step #1, the processing time for the France Schengen visa (and all Schengen visas) is 15-60 days. Depending on how busy the Omani Embassy is (and other factors, such as the completeness of your France visa from Oman) you will receive your visa sometime within that period.
9) Learn how to get a France visa from Oman after being rejected
- Appealing a rejected France visa for Oman citizens involves its own set of steps; contact us if you would like to look into taking the first step toward an appeal. Alternatively, contact us for help crafting a new, successful application for a France visa from Oman.