Overview: How to get a Portugal visa from Kuwait, what are the Portugal visa requirements for Kuwait citizens
A Schengen visa for the Kuwait citizens and residents who wish to go to Portugal is also called a Portugal visa from Kuwait. This travel document can used by Kuwaiti citizens and residents who are looking to visit Portugal and even travel to other countries in the Schengen area (countries like France, Germany, and Italy, among 23 others). A Portugal visa from Kuwait is good for up to 90 days in the zone—to apply for one, simply follow the below steps, which contain the visa requirements that are universal to all Schengen visa applicants—including Kuwaiti citizens and residents.
1. See when to apply for the Portugal visa for Kuwait citizens
- When to apply for a Portugal visa from Kuwait is determined mainly by when an applicant intends to travel to Portugal. Anyone seeking a Portugal visa from Kuwait in fewer than two weeks is advised to delay their travel date, as 15 days it the minimum processing time for the Portugal visa from Kuwait. In theory, you should apply for your visa as early as possible but not so early that the application isn’t accepted by the requisite authorities. For example, any application submitted in advance of six months before an intended trip will be rejected at hand.
2. Find where to apply for the Schengen visa from Kuwait
- Arrange your application destination for the Portugal visa from Kuwait, which is where you will also schedule your visa interview for the Schengen visa for Kuwaitis (and residents). Contact us to assist you with your Schengen visa application process.
3. Pick one of the Portugal visas and types for Kuwait passport holders
- A Portugal visa from Kuwait comes in types like medical, tourist, and business—among many others. Your reason for traveling to Kuwait will parallel the type you select. Are you traveling to Portugal to reunite with your grandparents? Then you will apply for a “Visiting Family or Friends,” for example. For other examples of Portugal visas and types, see Schengen Visa Types.
4. Pick one of the entry categories for the Portugal visas and types
- A single-entry Schengen visa for is Kuwaitis who need one (single) entry to Portugal (while they can use this category of visa to travel throughout the 26 other Schengen countries, they cannot use it to re-enter the zone a second time, should they leave it).
- A double entry Portugal visa for is Kuwait citizens and residents who need two (i.e. a double) entry to Portugal (this category of visa can also be used to travel to the rest of the Schengen countries, and can also be used to re-enter the zone a second time, should they leave it. However, it cannot be used to re-enter the zone a third time).
- A multiple-entry Portugal visa for is Kuwait citizens and residents who need more than two (i.e. multiple) entries to Portugal (this category of visa can also be used to travel to the rest of the Schengen countries, and can also be used to re-enter the zone a third time (as many times as is needed, in fact).
5. Access your main application and see how much does a Portugal visa cost
- Above all, fulfilling the Portugal visa requirements for Kuwait citizens requires filling out this form. As you can see, this is the universal Portugal Schengen visa form, which all applicants for the Portugal visa from Kuwait must fill out, sign, and submit (alongside the rest of the required documents in step 6).
- The consular authorities responsible for processing your application may require you to have any forms for your Portugal visa from Kuwait that are written in Arabic translated into Portuguese or Spanish—or English, or whichever language(s) your application destination deems acceptable. That includes both the main application form and materials outlined in step 6.
- The cost of a Portugal visa from Kuwait is 80 EUR (unless you are allowed to pay less—or even zero—due to your being in a special category of applicant). You will likely pay the 80 EUR, or the equivalent in in Kuwaiti Dinars, via cash, credit card, or another method of your application destination’s choosing. Read more about Schengen Visa Fees.
6. Gather your required documents to apply for the Portugal visa from Kuwait
- Portugal visa fees, a Kuwaiti passport, and supplemental documents relating to your visa type are just some of the many documents and materials you will need to present at your Portugal Schengen visa appointment as part of your complete application. The full list of required documents for the Portugal visa from Kuwait is below:
- Kuwaiti passport (non-Kuwaitis will submit the passport from their country of citizenship). Two photos of the applicant (passport sized).
- Visa fees for the Portugal visa from Kuwait.
- Medical insurance (travel insurance covering a potential medical event in Portugal/the Schengen area).
- Proof of return (to Kuwait/out of the Schengen area).
- Evidence that you have accommodation in Portugal—i.e. where you are staying there (address of hotel/private home, etc.).
- Evidence of your financial soundness (financial documents showing that you have enough money to travel to Portugal and spend “X” amount of days there).
- Supplemental materials/documents—whatever is required for you to present toward meeting the specific requirements of your specific visa type (i.e. the specific documents related to a business, tourist, medical visa, etc.).
7. Schedule your visa interview to apply for the Portugal visa from Kuwait
- You will need to schedule a visa appointment (in advance) in order to meet various Portugal visa requirements for Kuwait citizens and residents, which can only be fulfilled in person at your application destination for your Portugal visa from Kuwait.
8. Attend your visa interview for how to apply for the Portugal visa from Kuwait
- Your Portugal visa fees are to be paid at the visa appointment for your Portugal visa from Kuwait. In addition, your biometric information (photos and fingerprints) is to be submitted (alongside the rest of your application materials). Your Portugal visa from Kuwait interview is also where you will be asked questions about your journey to Portugal, such as where you will stay throughout your time there, what you will do, and who you will see.
9. Find the processing time for the Portugal Schengen visa
- Consider that the processing time for the Schengen visa for the Kuwait citizens and residents who apply for the travel document is 15-60 days. While you may receive your visa even before 15 days has passed, the majority of consular decisions are rendered after a minimum of two weeks to 30 days. Depending on the situation at the Portuguese Embassy in Kuwait, it may take longer (up to 60 days) for you to receive your Portugal visa from Kuwait (and your passport, as your Kuwait/national passport will be held throughout your Portugal visa from Kuwait processing time).