Published on: 02 August 2022
Saudi Arabia is one of many countries whose citizens and residents require a visa in order to visit the Schengen area. A bloc of 26 European states, Schengen countries include France, Germany, Italy, and other top travel destinations. Saudis who are considering making a temporary visit to the Schengen area should apply for a Schengen visa. Applying for a visa is simple, and if you receive one, you will be able to spend up to 90 days in the zone. If you have ever wondered—“Where do I apply for a Schengen visa?”—today’s blog will answer that general question, as well as the more specific question of where to apply for a Schengen visa in Saudi Arabia in 2022.
Where do I apply for a Schengen visa?
- Schengen visa applications are processed by embassies and consulates belonging to Schengen states. With some exceptions, the embassy or consulate where you apply is determined by your primary destination in the Schengen area. For example, if your primary destination is France, you will apply for a French Schengen visa through a French Consulate or Embassy.
- How do I determine my primary destination? Think about which of the 26 Schengen countries you will be spending the greatest number of days in (for a full list of Schengen countries, click here). If you are only visiting one Schengen country, that will be your primary destination in the zone. If you are visiting two or more countries, your primary destination is the one where you will spend the most time. If you are staying an equal number of days in two or more Schengen states, your primary Schengen destination will be whichever country you enter first (relative to the other Schengen countries where you are spending an equal amount of time).
- For example: let’s say you are spending twenty days in Spain, France, and Italy. Of those three destinations, your primary destination will be the first Schengen country that you enter in the zone. Therefore, if you are flying direct from Riyadh to Rome, you will select Italy as your primary destination. Having selected Italy as your primary destination, you will apply for a Schengen Visa to Italy from your local Italian Embassy or Consulate.
Where do I apply for a Schengen visa in Saudi Arabia?
- Where to apply for a Schengen visa in Saudi Arabia in 2022 depends on what Schengen country you are applying to. As explained above, applicants submit their Schengen visa application to the embassy or consulate of the Schengen country they are applying to.
- Therefore, to apply for a Schengen visa in Saudi Arabia, you should apply through the embassy or consulate of whichever Schengen country you are seeking a visa from. For example, if you are applying for a Schengen visa to Germany, you will apply through a German Embassy/Consulate located in Saudi.
- Please note that embassies are located in country capitals; if you are applying through one of the Schengen embassies, that embassy will be located in Riyadh. Occasionally you will be able to apply for a visa through a country consulate located in another city.
- For example, if you are applying for a French Schengen visa, you have the option of applying through either the French Embassy in Riyadh, or the French Consulate in Jeddah.
- To apply for a Schengen visa from Saudi, you will therefore make a Schengen visa appointment at a Schengen embassy in Riyadh (or at a consulate located elsewhere in the country).
- Occasionally, a Schengen country’s consular interests will be represented by another Schengen country (most typically this occurs with smaller Schengen countries, which lack the capacity to maintain a consular presence in every country).
For personalized help regarding where to apply for a Schengen visa in Saudi, please Contact Us.
Also, You can Read about: How to apply for a Schengen visa from Saudi Arabia
Additional Saudi Schengen visa FAQs
- Can I apply for a Schengen visa in Saudi Arabia online?
- Some Schengen countries, like France, allow visa seekers to access the Schengen visa application online. However, even if you can access an online application, you will still need to make a Schengen visa appointment at a Schengen embassy/consulate in order to fulfill the rest of your in-person visa requirements.
- How long a Schengen visa takes to be processed from Saudi?
- How long a Schengen visa takes to be processed depends on a number of factors, including when you apply, whether you include all of the correct forms, and other personal features of you application. Most Schengen visa applications in Riyadh are processed within two weeks of being submitted. However, occasionally it can take up to 60 days to receive a visa (or a rejection).
- How much a Schengen visa costs from Saudi Arabia?
- How much a Schengen visa costs depend on factors such as whether the applicant is a minor or a student. Where you are applying from (Saudi vs. another country) does not influence the price. Ultimately, most applicants end up paying 80 EUR (the standard price for most applicants).
No comments found.